Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Is butter better? and other daily lessons

I love butter. On toast, I would marry it.

Except that I go through a stick of it every week or so and was starting to see it add up on my belly. So, I set out to find a substitute, wary that one could never be found.

Luckily, it didn't take me long because Wheatsville is awesome and the people who work there should win gold medals every day. If there were Erin's Choice Awards, everyone at Wheatsville would get one... and another one would go to...


I only had to try one other (totally disgusting) spread before going to Wheatsville and getting a recommendation for Earth Balance. I think her exact words were "I never thought I would find a butter substitute."

Queue "Earth Angel". Can you hear that tear of gratitude rolling down my cheek?

__________________________

In completely unrelated news (if I may climb on my pedestal-topping high horse for a sec), when did the word "integral" start being pronounced "in-trick-al"??

Why did nobody run this by me for approval?

I do not approve, no more than I approve of saying "nu-cu-lar" instead of "nu-cle-ar". Just because George Bush set a bad precedent here does not make it okay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous jeffrey said...

i heart good butter too. however, i have a great option i use. COCONUT OIL. yup. or better yet, coconut cream from tropicaltraditions.com. freakin awesome.
you'd think coconut oil = gain weight. nope.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Erin Ivey said...

Mmmm. I use coconut oil in my homemade chocolates (I make a batch every week or so). Thank you for recommending Tropical Traditions!

It's fascinating that, according to their website, "When Abraham Lincoln served as president of the United States in 1862, about 48 percent of the people living in the U.S. were farmers. Today, that figure is less than 1%."

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you coming to California next? I just watched/listened to you sing "Chocolate" on youtube and I am in love with your voice. I could listen to it all day. Austin is lucky to have you! Sorry... this has nothing to do with butter.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Erin Ivey said...

Ha ha! I get out to Cali as much as possible. (heart) Jump on the mailing list or fan me on Facebook to be the first to know about the next trip. and Thanks!!

www.erinivey.com

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home